Anxiety At University And College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY STORY and the light at the end of the tunnel!

Go down

MY STORY and the light at the end of the tunnel! Empty MY STORY and the light at the end of the tunnel!

Post by Admin Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am

For some reason i wasn't that excited for university, i knew that i should be and i wanted to be, but i just wasn't. Now before you judge me as an anti-social loner, i actually consider myself as quite an outgoing person who's fairly confident, however that all changed in freshers week. I spent the first night of freshers week crying in the toilets, i felt low, depressed and out of my depth. It didn't help that I didn't get in to my first choice uni!

I then spent the next weeks paranoid that one aloof housemate didn't like me, my happiness depended on how attentive she was to me, if she replied with just a grumble, i was devastated! I was on constant edge as i wasn't quite used to the 'boy banter' that i was witnessing, the house seemed very lacking in love. My heart beat was constantly risen, in fact when i registered at the campus doctor's, i was actually told I had high blood pressure, i had been in panic mode for weeks so it didn't surprise me.

The first boy that showed me any attention i went crazy for, the thought of stability and security was what i needed, my over enthusiasm clearly drove him away! If i had a conversation with someone, i would then analyse the conversation for hours afterwards, convinced i was being weird. I would go through each of my housemates in my head a ask myself 'do they still like me?' I felt like i was living in a house with such big personalities, all so head strong and all quite selfish, i couldn't get my voice heard.

Fast forward to the present and i am pleased to say i've come a long way, i'm in a better place now, I can still have low days but so do the best of people! I dance like noone's watching, i wear crazy costumes, i have an amazing boyfriend and i hold my head high! Here's what i tell myself everyday!

*Love yourself
*Life is good
*We are lucky to be in education
*You'll always have your relatives
*it's okay to be quiet sometime
*alone time is essential
*be responsible for your own happiness
*rely on yourself
*trust your own judgement
*people are privileged to hear you speak
*cherish the people who have been in your life longer
*don't morph into other people, be yourself and remember your morals
*remember people with bad attitudes will have their down falls
*you don't need anyone's approval but your own
*other people's thoughts are irrelevant to your life
*Live for YOU
*Appreciate the here and now
*Allow yourself to feel sad at times
*Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, awkwardness can achieve good things!
*cut yourself some slack!
*don't take everything so seriously
*people aren't judging you, in fact, they barely care!
*Always look for more rational explanations
*everyone gets tired and grumpy
*don't question if someone likes you, question if you like them!
*no regrets, just lessons!
*wake up knowing the day ahead is going to be good!
*remember you're amazing!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://anxietyatuniversity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum