Anxiety At University And College
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is the best choice for me??

3 posters

Go down

Which is the best choice for me?? Empty Which is the best choice for me??

Post by huhududu Fri May 11, 2012 10:38 am

Hi
I am 17 years old in grade 11
I am very confused about what I want to do next year/university/my life

I find that I am interested in many things but I don't know what I can and can't do
I mean at first I wanted to be a teacher but I found that I can't teach
then I said I want to be a pediatrician/pharmacist but science is not my thing.. I like learning the facts and everything but it's just not for me :\ I'm stressed out by it a lot and always get bad marks no matter what I do or how hard I try/study

Later I figured out I actually like using computer so I was looking at computer science and those things but not so sure about it since I have to take a lot of math classes and I dont know if it's my thing or not
Let me tell you my interests and the classes I did good in the past

I like working with people.. I dont mind that but not always :\ I like working alone and using computer as well.. sometimes when I get virus into my computer I don't tell my brother about it (both my brothers are doing computer programmer.. one is going to be doing comp sci. soon) since he gets annoyed by that a lot Razz so I try to install or do something about it myself
I want to do something that I know I won't get bored of and won't stress me out too much

I did good in:
Parenting class: 93
Food and nutrition: 91
Law: 81
computer: 81
Math(but M course): 79 (I could have gotten a better mark but I was sick for a long period of time and that dropped my mark from high 80 to 79 :\)
English: currently I'm getting something in about 80s
Art: I believe 75-80 (but I got 86 in gr.9)

I want to do something that I will be able to do everywhere I go :\
so law is not for me but for now I really like it

huhududu

Back to top Go down

Which is the best choice for me?? Empty Re: Which is the best choice for me??

Post by Admin Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 am

huhududu wrote:Hi

I find that I am interested in many things but I don't know what I can and can't do
then I said I want to be a pediatrician/pharmacist but science is not my thing.. I like learning the facts and everything but it's just not for me :\ I'm stressed out by it a lot and always get bad marks no matter what I do or how hard I try/study

Later I figured out I actually like using computer so I was looking at computer science and those things but not so sure about it since I have to take a lot of math classes and I dont know if it's my thing or not

I like working with people.. I dont mind that but not always :\ I like working alone and using computer as well.. sometimes when I get virus into my computer I don't tell my brother about it (both my brothers are doing computer programmer.. one is going to be doing comp sci. soon) since he gets annoyed by that a lot Razz so I try to install or do something about it myself
I want to do something that I know I won't get bored of and won't stress me out too much

I did good in:
Math(but M course): 79 (I could have gotten a better mark but I was sick for a long period of time and that dropped my mark from high 80 to 79 :\)

First of all why can't you teach? Remember you can do anything if you put your mind to it!
Regarding your grades you're clearing doing rather well! You're putting in the effort and it's paying off!
Doing something that you enjoy is essential, if you enjoy computers, then head down that route! But remember people leave university sometimes not knowing what they want to do so stay calm and keep your options open, you're still young!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://anxietyatuniversity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by huhududu Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Admin wrote:
huhududu wrote:Hi

I did good in:

First of all why can't you teach? Remember you can do anything if you put your mind to it!
Regarding your grades you're clearing doing rather well! You're putting in the effort and it's paying off!
Doing something that you enjoy is essential, if you enjoy computers, then head down that route! But remember people leave university sometimes not knowing what they want to do so stay calm and keep your options open, you're still young!

Because I have tried it before :\
I have tried teaching some of my friends, nephew and niece but it just seems like I have troubles teaching -_-
I can teach my nephew but sometimes i just feel like I dont want to anymore
Or I know what I'm talking about (and Im the only one who understands what I'm saying) people always go ?? when its in my head it sounds perfect and Im like oh people will understand it but they actually don't

and about computer... what should I do though? I don't really like sitting in the office 24/7 doing all that for someone else either
and I was thinking of social science as well but I dont know what.. because I feel that my marks are based on what I enjoy and those are mostly computer and social science related

thanks Smile

huhududu

Back to top Go down

Post by Delilah-twinkle Fri May 11, 2012 10:08 pm

huhududu wrote:
Because I have tried it before :\
I have tried teaching some of my friends, nephew and niece but it just seems like I have troubles teaching -_-
I can teach my nephew but sometimes i just feel like I dont want to anymore
Or I know what I'm talking about (and Im the only one who understands what I'm saying) people always go ?? when its in my head it sounds perfect and Im like oh people will understand it but they actually don't

and about computer... what should I do though? I don't really like sitting in the office 24/7 doing all that for someone else either
and I was thinking of social science as well but I dont know what.. because I feel that my marks are based on what I enjoy and those are mostly computer and social science related

thanks Smile

Becoming a teacher takes time and hard studying, you'll have plenty of time at university to learn how to teach better and be better understood! You could still do it! Smile

Keep enjoying your computing for now, and do some research into the many careers involving a computer, it's not all in offices! And social sciences are of course also an option to fully research, go onto uni websites and see what the courses are like, stay calm!

Delilah-twinkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum